Sunday, July 1, 2007

Beaver Lake, Part I

Yesterday was a beautiful day, so we took a trip up the road to one of my favorite places on earth - Beaver Lake Nature Center. Our family has logged countless hours on those trails - me with my 3-Day training, Grant in summer camp, and all of us on summer afternoon strolls like this one.

I've taken quite a few pictures along the trails of Beaver Lake (including one which won their annual photography competition in 2006), so this time I went with a specific photographic purpose in mind. Aside from the usual pics of the lake and, of course, the kids, I wanted to concentrate on finding small details and unusual textures. I found quite a few, and also got some nice shots of some really cute kids.

Heading off into the woods...

Don't eat the berries.

This is my favorite shot. It will make you dizzy if you look at it too long!

Does anyone know what kind of flutterby this is? Or is it a moth?

The lake.

Long grasses make cool textures.

I wouldn't recommend eating this either.

Ham #1

Ham #2

No comments: