Sunday, March 9, 2008

Stormy Seas

We took a little drive up to Oswego today and of course I had to stop and look at "my" lighthouse. The wind off the lake was fierce. I had pulled over at the little overlook above Wright's Landing and got out to take these (and many, many more) pictures of the waves crashing over the breakwall. Within seconds my fingers were numb, even with my gloves on. The wind was so strong that it almost knocked me over a couple of times. Then we headed over to the loop to check out the lake from there. After experiencing near-frostbite I can hardly believe that Rudy's will be open in the next couple of weeks!

When we got home I was all ready to start working on these in Photoshop, only to find that our power was out, and apparently had been for a couple of hours. The four of us spent the next hour or so trying to figure out what to do that didn't involve electronic devices [I'm shivering at the mere thought] and then National Greed mercifully restored the power.

No comments: