Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Boston 3-Day, Part I

This journal has been extra quiet lately because I have been busy preparing for, participating in, and recovering from the Boston 3-Day walk, a journey of sixty miles over three days to raise money for and awareness of breast cancer. This was my third 3-Day, and my second in Boston. The weather was brutally hot and I was plagued by blisters, but it was a wonderful weekend.

Day One began with a beautiful sunrise and a moving Opening Ceremonies.

My team, the Fulton Snow Angels, ready to face the first day.

Our group stretch during Opening Ceremonies.

The Survivor Circle.

We hit the road carrying one of the flags.

This is why I walk.

Our wonderful Youth Corps hands out stickers. Walkers love stickers. After walking so many miles we become easily amused by such things.

Cooling off under a sprinkler on a 100-degree day.

The signs are everywhere...


No comments: