Monday, June 30, 2008

Love the Y Auction Recap

I can't believe I forgot to post about the YMCA auction! My bench went for somewhere around $350.00, I forget the exact amount. That's about how much most of them went for, though there were a few that sold for twice that.

I took tons of pictures of the different benches, and I loved all of the little detaills on them. We have such talented artists in this area!

Some of the benches were beautifully hand-painted...



So whimsical!

I can't even imagine how much time it took to carve out all of these pieces...

A few of the benches were upholstered or had hand-sewn pillows (including one that would have looked spectacular in my living room!)

The seat of this wine-themed one was covered with corks!

In addition to the main auction items, there was a silent auction of small frames and wooden birdhouses...








No comments: