Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Double Digits

The day is almost over, and what a day it has been. My little man is now ten years old. That little peanut who spent his first days struggling to breathe in the ICU is now a swimming sensation (to me, anyway). The sweetie who was once content to play with blocks and watch Bear in the Big Blue House on TV is now programming robots and watching all of the tweener shows on Nickelodeon. And that little mama's boy - well, he's still a mama's boy. :)

Today was all about celebrating Grant's first decade. We started off with a breakfast of french toast, his favorite. Then we spent several hours at the MOST in Syracuse. This evening the boys had dinner from Fajita Grill (the adults in the house are a bit burned out on that particular place, so I made pasta). Now he is involved in his new Wii game - Lego Batman. What better way to spend a day?

And now I feel old. I have a child who is ten. Where has the time gone? And of course, there are pictures...

Grant as a newborn...


...at 5 years old...


...and last month...


Next thing I know he'll be going off to college. {sigh}

No comments: