Thursday, July 3, 2008

Griffin Marriner - Soccer Star and Ladies Man

Last night I finally retrieved the images from my new point & shoot camera that my kids got me for Mother's Day. My old Kodak bit the dust a while back and I had been missing having a camera in my purse for times when I didn't want to lug the big camera around. This new one takes decent pictures, nowhere near the image quality of the 40D, but it's good for casual, everyday shots.

One of the things I came across on the memory card were pictures from a couple of Griffin's soccer games. He's in the Under 6 Division of the Fulton Youth Soccer League, and this is his second season playing. I have to say his skills have increased dramatically from last year, when it was a struggle just to get him to get his foot on the ball. Now he's always in there trying to get at it...

Of course there are times when he's not on offense and there's not as much action to keep him occupied. At those times he just stands around...

...and flirts with little blond girls. No, I don't know her name, but he's been sweet on her all season. What is a Mom to do?? :)

And for those interested in viewing three minutes of a youth soccer game, here's a clip of Griffin and his team in action...


No comments: