Saturday, July 19, 2008

My Grant

Have I mentioned lately how much I love this little boy? He is my sweetheart, my lovebug and even at nine years old he still loves to cuddle in my lap. He's brilliant, handsome and, as you can see in some of these pictures, a future candidate for orthodonture. :) I can't believe that in a few short weeks he will be starting 5th grade. Where does the time go? It seems like just days ago that he was my little peanut, stuck in a box in the newborn ICU, fighting so hard to stay with us while we prayed that he wouldn't leave us so soon after coming into our lives.

Now he has left that struggle behind him, with little trace of the prematurity remaining. His asthma is gone. He is growing like a weed, and hopefully his stature will soon catch up with that of his peers. Or at least get him tall enough to keep his little brother from passing him. For now, he is just a nomal nine-year-old boy. He loves his video games, and his Legos, and his silly TV shows. He is a swimmer, a self-proclaimed "mathlete" and a future engineer.

And he loves to spin. Yes, spin. He loves to be dizzy and silly. So that's what we did yesterday. We spun around...

...and around...

...and around...

...and around...

...and then fell down.

I do love this boy so much. I love him when he's silly...

...and serious...

...and happy...

...and just plain handsome.

And I love those eyes!!

And most of all, I love that he loves his Mom so much. :)

1 comment:

Gwyneth said...

Absolutely beautiful post. Made me tear up a bit.